Thursday, February 23, 2006

Potential daddy quote

I was watching a documentary on Samuel Goldwyn and he apparently told his children something that he may not have given his children what they wanted, but he gave them what they needed.

Interesting.

Something I might tell some progeny one day: "My job is to give you what you need. Your job is to figure out what you want."

or

"My job is to give you what you need so you can figure out what you want."

Nah... I don't like that one - too passive.

Maybe:

"My job is to provide what you need so you can take your time and figure out what you want - and figure out a way to pay for it. Get out my house. Bring me a ginger beer on your way through the kitchen."

Yeah. That sounds right.

1 comment:

  1. awwww! you are gonna be a daddy one day. : )

    ReplyDelete

commente vu?

Blog Archive

Translate