from Parade magazine:
- It ain't as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
- Get mad, then get over it.
- Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when you position falls your ego goes with it
- It can be done!
- Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
- Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
- Check small things.
- Share credit.
- You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
- Remain calm.
- Have a vision. Be demanding.
- don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
others not included in that article:
"Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses men most." (via Thucydides)
"You never know what you can get away with until you try."
"Use your intellect to inform your instincts, but trust your instincts."