Thursday, January 19, 2012

We shall oversleep

Perhaps fitting that this came on the evening of MLK day.....

I had a dream that I was in a small, Black church - except everybody was dressed like it was the 50s/60s. It wasn't set in the 50s/60s - but we looked like it.

I seemed to have a mate...chocolate of complexion with a nigh perfectly spherical coiffe consisting of swooping straightened curls.

Well, there weren't many people in the church, but there was some sort of inclement weather - heavy rains perhaps. It was bad enough that we needed to stay put and the kind of bad where people might look for shelter.

And it must have been desperate straits indeed, because soon after this dream started knights of the local klan came striding down our isle.

Black church. mid century dress.

Ku Klux crew.

Don't you love my brain?

These appear to be some ranking types, and I seem to remember thinking the term "grand dragon" came up. I do remember one of them having robes of a more satin/iridescent finish, colored mother-of-pearl if not gold.

There, of course is some debate about whether to allow them to stay, and I believe I took the side of "our Christian duty". I believe there was actually a larger number of them than us, because it seemed a good idea to invite friends of a lighter tone to join us - and just more people in general to even out the mood...and perhaps the ranks.

And that's pretty much how it ended. The klan folk stayed and things stayed civil.


But how, exactly, does one's subconscious come up with that??!

I find it a bit of a coincidence that the Nazi hunter episode of Outer Limits came on this morning (which I watched when I should have been asleep).

I think my brain watches Quantum Leap while I'm gone.

Blog Archive

Translate