Monday, July 25, 2011

Evolution of Philosophy of $

While thinking about co-worker I find nutty,

(as in clinically)

I worked my way onto my position on money.

I think I hate money. I also think it's impossible to love money - people might love making money, but they don't love money.

They can't, because there's nothing there. There's no force, there's no energy. The only value (greater sense, not market) is that ascribed to it by (us).

A (at least roughly) spherical placed at the top of a decline has potential energy and, given a certain weight and relatively stable laws of physics, that potential is measurable. Launched down said incline, said rock has kinetic energy - again measurable.

One cannot take away the energy of that object - one can only displace it to other objects (impediments, air friction). Now, the method of measuring may change  or the units of measure may change, but that's just changing numbers around. Depending on the scale, the energy of that moving rock can be anywhere from seemingly infinite to negatively-near-non-existence, but it doesn't take away from the actual energy, force displayed. It merely is.

Money is merely changing numbers.


Dig?


The importance of money hinges simply on our collective insistence on it. To me personally, it is unimportant. One might suggest that I give them all my money in this case. At this point I might respond that I would be happy to if it weren't so important to all the people who want it from me.

If humankind wanted to, we could have already been to Jupiter by now, free of charge.

But as long as there's one person who has to get paid, or even an expense covered,

("oh, I just need the money to cover the cost of me....")

we'll just sit here occasionally glancing at bootprints on the moon.

This week, I think I am of the impression that I can't do anything I truly love for money.

Blog Archive

Translate