When I tell people that I'm an actor, I'll often hear something to the effect of it being ''my dream''.
Wanna hear a secret?
It's not my dream. I've known this since the first time I heard it characterized as such. I guess it can be for others, but I can't see how it could be.
Have you ever seen a dream? They're huge. Acting? A dream?
It's too small.
SO. Since I figured out what it isn't, I began putting some thought into what it is.
I think I've stated here before that I once wanted to save Black people.
Eventually, thad grew into wanting to be a superhero when I grow up. I just wantBut, I don't think I thought of that in terms of being a dream.
Maybe it's because I thought of ''a dream'' as being something more tangible, active.
Or, maybe, I thought ''dream'' to be something more fantastic.
So, here we are at ''now''.
And I think I may have figured out what my ''dream'' might be.
I want to be elemental,
a force of nature,
the literal and figurative embodiment of the penultimate singularity: Creation.
I want to be a sentient Act of God.
ex to save everybody. That was only a few years ago, by the way.
- ► 2016 (137)
- ► 2015 (100)
- ► 2014 (104)
- ► 2013 (117)
- ► 2012 (126)
- ► 2011 (111)
- Coincidence of the evening
- Theory #(who knows)
- The Last Man: The Deluxe Ed. Book Two
- Just got pulled over
- My current definition of "married couple"
- Wind is not merely air.
- Since starting with this acting thing,
- At this moment,
- "And the of it truth is....
- What I Think Theatre Should Be About
- Afronaught - now or never
- So, this high-schooly/college-ish girl
- How I do wish I could just sit here and read this ...
- Within the past hour,
- “Your task is not to seek for love,
- I just found out
- It must be hard being my brain.
- I never noticed before, but there's a hurt in trut...
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2009 (106)
- ► 2008 (246)
- ► 2007 (115)
- ► 2006 (129)
- ► 2005 (141)
- ► 2004 (40)