Saturday, October 16, 2010

Since starting with this acting thing,

When I tell people that I'm an actor, I'll often hear something to the effect of it being ''my dream''.

Wanna hear a secret?

It's not my dream. I've known this since the first time I heard it characterized as such. I guess it can be for others, but I can't see how it could be.

Have you ever seen a dream? They're huge. Acting? A dream?

It's too small.

SO. Since I figured out what it isn't, I began putting some thought into what it is.

I think I've stated here before that I once wanted to save Black people.

Eventually, thad grew into wanting to be a superhero when I grow up. I just wantBut, I don't think I thought of that in terms of being a dream.

Maybe it's because I thought of ''a dream'' as being something more tangible, active.

Or, maybe, I thought ''dream'' to be something more fantastic.

(shrug)

So, here we are at ''now''.

Hm.

And I think I may have figured out what my ''dream'' might be.

...

I want to be elemental,

a force of nature,

the literal and figurative embodiment of the penultimate singularity: Creation.

I want to be a sentient Act of God.

(inhale)
(exhale)
(inhale)
(exhale)

...

(BOOM)
ex to save everybody. That was only a few years ago, by the way.

Blog Archive

Translate