Friday, April 25, 2008

Atlas

I had this idea while in grad school that, if I were to ever get a tattoo,

(and why in the world would I do that)

I would get one across my back and shoulders that said

"place your pain here".

I used to be on some real wannabe superman *ish. But instead of lifting buildings,

I figured I could be strong for a bunch of ya'll when ya'll needed to not be,

'cuz, despite the death and disappointment I've experienced,

I felt like I'd not trod my share of the muck yet.

And I don't really feel like I have a whole lot to offer,

other than the hyper-marathon running of my yack about all things....ever.

So,

since being here, I feel like I've had several ops to be strong, but just floated
along with the rest of the shrimp.
Funny thing about being a hero: you got to
be a weakling a few times before the x-gene kicks in.

and I'm waiting.

I see friends of mine in moments when they've been strong,
and have earned a rest,
yet there's still something that leads me to tell them,
"maybe now is not the time for you to lie down".

Or, maybe I won't say anything...

Because I'm afraid they're going to find
out about my quick-to-high-tail-it ass...

And say in some composition of verbiage:
"yeah, well, who the %#^ are you?"

Fact remains,
the burden of the strong is a lack of respite.

Ask Atlas.

signed,
Desperately Awaiting His Ink.

(maybe I'll just do henna..:/

Blog Archive

Translate