Tuesday, April 28, 2020

mandible

While listening/watching a Thundercat playlist on YT, a cover of "Them Changes" by Ariana Grande came up.

I have never listened to her before. Nor watched.

However, I was thinking during said stream how it would be to hear an actual vocalist do some of his songs, particularly that one.

And, while I didn't view her as a vocal luminary, I thought she would at least have trained/steady/serviceable voice.


And she started.

And she started doing some jerky, painful-looking jutter with her jawbone,

seemingly meant to shape vocalizations,

that my barely-lingering Alexander and pitifully retained voice training (and wanting understanding of physiology and biomechanics) simply could not abide.

This, particularly since it seemed to be adding nothing of any dynamic worth to the quality of her sound.

Thus,

(*next*)

.

Blog Archive

Translate