Saturday, January 11, 2020

pervasive blood memory

An inquiry about interest in a project has caused me to look back at The Souls of Black Folk and realize that I had started, never finished, had barely gotten into reading it.

I think I switched to The Negro - which is the usual marathon that DuBois is, but one of the first printed words of the loves of West Africans prior to American slavery by an American.

There is a passage about his time teaching in a rural school-house in Tennessee when he mentions "old time religion".

I am thinking about the video I watched last night about fetíche catch fighting in the Dem. Rep. of Congo and Hurston's Baracoon and wondering about all the things people may have meant/mean when said/say it.

(intended and unintended)

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 11:27 AM CWalkerJr <c.walker.jr@gmail.com> wrote:
Fine. There was wind, but we experienced no damage. I don't think anything touched down around here.

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 7:14 AM mary hill <mary.evangeline.hill@gmail.com> wrote:
How y'all doin?

Blog Archive

Translate