Saturday, July 14, 2018

Yet another lesson in saying Yes too help.

I'm still recovering, so this will be brief.

 

I just realized I've had another firm smack from life saying "accept gratitude".

Last night I went for a ride. It was a bit cool, but not bad and only should have been about 40 miles round trip.

I headed out, had a fairly glorious time, found some places to go back to. However, I was Waaaaaaaaaay in the woods and it was getting progressively colder. There was a place I could have stopped and begged mercy, I didn't.

 

In short I shuddered for an extra 30/40 miles back to campus.

 

I also ate some microwave food. Boo. People were getting on my nerves in the house. I bitched. Karma.

 

So I passed out knowing id feel It in the morning. And I did, just fatigue though. I watched some flix and got up to move things into new apartment.

 

I did not eat.

 

As I did this, I met my new roomies. They are fine folk and offered to help with bags. I let them take my two crates.

 

In the interim I started to realize I hadn't eaten and the sun was bright, but I kept chugging. I finished taking everything else out in one trip.

 

On the way into the new place, one of the roomies offered again and I said not thanks (they were cooking), then other offered again and I sad no.

 

THEN I was offered food.

 

I said no.

 

Not long later: sugar crash. Probably with a touch of sunstroke.

 

 

Had I just said "yes". I probably could have been productive for another 3 hours today. It did lead to some thought about art, though.

 

I hear pain is good for that.

 

:-/

 

Blog Archive

Translate