Monday, August 14, 2006

Arin Hill




At 12:48 I received an e-mail that friend of mine that from the University of Texas died from cancer this past Saturday.

She and Skee were the first personal relations to see me in Yellowman. I was surprised at how good it felt to have her there...to have somebody feel that my work was important for them to see. I didn't really appreciate her until after the conversation we had while I took to the airport - she flew down from Chicago to see the play...

I talked to her in July about her coming here for a visit. I'd been meaning to call her back. I regret not having done so.

I just saw somebody last night that reminded me of her.

I'm tired of people dying. I'm scared of who might be next.

If there's something you have to tell me, please say it now.

If there's something I'm supposed to tell you, don't let my procrastination keep you from it.

Goodbye, Arin. Thanks for club night and thanks again for coming to see me in St. Louis. I wish I'd have come to see you in Chicago this summer.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

commente vu?

Blog Archive

Translate