Saturday, January 07, 2006

2nd Week in St. Loo

Some quick ramblings about this city/play I'm in for the next few weeks:

Unless I've missed it, and I'm not saying I haven't, but St. Louis leaves a little to be desired in terms of nightlife, but I guess this is more of a family, daytime type city.

If you ever come for a quick jaunt to Gateway City and it seems you accidently keep going outside of the city limits, don't worry, it's not just you. Unlike most other metro areas, St. Louis has not quite grasped the idea of annexation. All those little towns and hamlets that existed when the city first formed and have sprung up since still exist as separate municipalities. It makes keeping one's eyes open for cops somewhat more challenging, I must say.

Rush hour lasts 15 minutes here. 30 on a bad day. It's crazy. And these have to be the least aggressive drivers anywhere. I can sneeze and merge. Strangely, this makes me that much more aggressive when I drive. Move b!tc# !!

The show I'm in is opening in less than two weeks, I never leave the stage, and I've barely scratched the surface of learning it. Or maybe it just feels that way 'cuz I've rehearsed almost 8 hours a day almost every day that I've been here.

There is a radio station here that refers to itself as "Foxy 95".
?
What? Fire whoever came up with that gem. Quick. "Foxy"....ugh.

The apartment that I'm staying in is the largest amount of space that I've had for my own personal use in, like, five years. It smells like old Marlboros when I get too close to the floor, but...space....glorious space (sigh).

Do me a favor. Don't ask me about, refer to or otherwise comment on my hair. I'm still in some pain.

(insert GrimAce here)

3 comments:

  1. poor carse! at least you are getting to travel, gaining valuable experiences, and peeping out blog-worthy type stuff.

    "foxy," eh? that is tragic. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted! :-) Sorry about the lack of nightlife and random police cars, but I hope you get to have some fun eventually! I'll wait to ask about that other item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of youuuuuuuuu..."

    i hated that song until rev. run came along! : )

    ReplyDelete

commente vu?

Blog Archive

Translate