Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Some short time ago, Derrick Chauvin was found guilty on 3 counts for the murder of George Floyd.

 

Though noone has, I know that there is someone somewhere in the world who would ask if this makes me happy.

 

I am not George Floyd's family.

 

I am not one of his friends that was left behind by his death.

 

I didn't know him personally.

 

This verdict does not change the factuality of his death. 

 

I cannot take joy in the circumstance of death.

 

I am not in the place to be able to take joy in conviction of the enactor of George Floyd's death - that is for those felt the shock of his loss, who feel the pain of his absence, those to whom he belonged and belongs.


I...


I will be glad for something that will take decades to see...actual change in this society from one based in actual human dignity rather than human material value.


I am...glad...

..that the people of Minneapolis and Houston and (wherever) were not given reason to protest their pain tonight.

Blog Archive

Translate