Monday, November 12, 2018

You won't likely understand what I'm now going to say. That's fine...my concern is that I, at some point, won't.

Speak will these fingers nonetheless:


I finally figured out, I think, why these people around me now don't "hear" me.

It is because they are Latinate*. They are cerebral. The struggle they have is to reabsorb themselves with the earth.

(the uh, the ah, the low, the base, the mud the dark)

When I intend to speak a truth, from the low place,

[hung low /er than bowels]

they only see the words, the letters.


they don't hear the sounds.


i have marvelled at language that is tonal only 'til now realizing that speaking with tones is something I already do.


perhaps I'll try to preface these flashes of music with a request that they feel me with a bone further down than their heads.


perhaps their Sternum.





#youfeelme?





(*no not "latino/a/x)

Blog Archive

Translate