Thursday, March 31, 2011

Persistently stubborn concidence

I do a fairly bad job of documenting the amount of coincidence and serendipty I experience.

So here's an immediate sample:

i've been reading graphic novels pretty consistently for the past couple years. While looking back at ''watchmen'' (I think it was), or looking for books by Einstein to read, I came across the quote ''reality is a stubbornly persistent illusion''. I searched to find the context, hopefully literary, for the quote and came across a book by Stephen Hawking titled with the quote. I've since checked that book out but not yet begun to read it.

A series that I just decided to return to after reading some of it a few months ago is ''Powers''. I'm currently working on the vol. 3 deluxe hardback edition. In it, a main character named Christian Walker (yes, as in c. Walker) meets Albert Einstein. I just read a panel were the Einstein character says:

''people like us, we believe that the distinction between the past, present and future is a stubbornly persistent illusion.''

8-/

(eyebrow raised)

Blog Archive

Translate