Monday, May 20, 2019

respiration

You know that gasp that happens when a group of people are communally experiencing a story and  thing that they really , really hope is going to happen that they are suspicious but more hope might happen takes them still by surprise?

I just did that.

With a book.

I think it's the first time i have ever done that.

And the author did it BEAUTIFULLY.


(exhale)


(goes back to read page again)

edit:

Actually, I experienced a similar sensation the day before while watching an anime.

It was more relief, but it was still what I was hesitant to call the  feeling from the book: cathartic.

Interesting because neither was a conclusion.

Well, in the anime, it was toward the end of an episode.

"Last Hero". Give it a chance. Deep.


and Nnedi Okorafor is all up in my chest looking like Omi Osun Olowo.

Blog Archive

Translate