Thursday, April 25, 2019

I don't know how to title this


So, I thought wrote something about grace, needing to move, a chance and getting it.

I may have put it elsewhere... I will look for it later.

For now,


I will say that tonight I went back to a place that I had hoped would be something new for me.

And it turned very painful.


And I have been reluctant to go back there due to reminders of that pain...


But I have gone back on a couple of occasions and it's been ok.


So I went back tonight.



And one of those reminders showed up.

YES, it was a person. Someone it didn't even occur to me that I would come across.

And it took me a second to recognize them. And I could see that they were recognizing me.


At the end of the event. This person came up and asked if I remembered them. I said yes.


They asked if I was "coming back".

Which I found interesting.

(I was a teacher. And this person did not do well in my class.)

And there were a few people like that, and I always wonder what coming across them again will be like.

And how genuine there cordiality is.

But the person asked. I believe I responded "I don't think so".

They then invited me to come back to another event on campus in a couple days.


And there was another student who recognized me before that who greeted me warmly.

(not that I ever had a problem with said person...but I never knew where I stood with a lot of the folk there)

And I left that building that represented so much pain for me feeling lighter.


yes.


Lighter.


and maybe less hurt.


(sigh)

Blog Archive

Translate