Friday, March 08, 2019

radiation

For the first time I am in a house in a room with a wood-burning stove.

it never previously occurred that this would be something that appealed to me.

In fact I guess it didn't appeal to me.

Until that first night when I woke up really cold.

and it may have been something I was getting acclimated to since I've been chopping and stacking a lot of wood for somebody with a fireplace...

but since the second night and since it was already stuffed with paper and kindling and fuel for me to start it,

I look forward to when it's cool enough just start the fire.

Aside from discovering the difference in efficiency and utility between the stove and a decorative fireplace,

There's just something that helps settle one down about a fire in the evening

And something that gets one up about a fire in the morning.

Interesting that it works both ways...

But I do feel a little bit odd about burning all of my host's would up.

P.S.: this thing is really good at drying shoes if you can find a way to suspend them over the top of it without them touching it.

Blog Archive

Translate