Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Everybody Keep Your Hands to Yourself

"A man should never put his hands on a woman."

Well, this sounds right....but what about when I woman puts her hands on a man?

I see no reason why a male should not defend himself against an attacker.

And my personal rule has always been "don't touch me, and I won't have a reason to touch you".

But there seems a fairly general consensus among women, or at least a considerable contingent among them, that it is ok for a woman to strike a man and she should not expect him to respond defensively.

It is deemed un-manly.

I guess this has some merit in situations where there is a great size difference between the two...but you could make the same argument about the size difference between two men.

But why should any person not keep themselves from being struck?

Indeed, defense doesn't require a belly-to-back suplex....

But why is it ok for YOU to hit ME?

Human males and females are actually quite close in size/strength compared to most of the rest of the world's fauna.

The argument and hypothesy could go on for days upon eons...

Simply put:

EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF.

(don't make me come back there)

Blog Archive

Translate